Ink Review - Pilot Iroshizuku ama-iro
"Hello again, Chrissy here and today I’m reviewing Pilot Iroshizuku ama-iro ink.
From Japanese this translates to Sky Blue and is a lovely cerulean blue colour.
Ama-iro didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. It felt quite wet.
It dried in just over 20 seconds on the Clairefontaine Triomphe paper and didn’t smear after it was dry.
Available in attractive Pilot Iroshizuku 50ml glass bottles.
- Flow Rate: Very good - quite wet.
- Lubrication: Quite good.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Not saturated
- Shading Potential: Some nice shading seen, and sometimes a hint of red sheen.
- Show-Through: Some seen on the thinner additional papers I used.
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Seen on Maruman Mnemosyne paper.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after several days in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days - easy clean-up.
- Staining (hands): Washed off of my hands after two washes.
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof, but shows a little water resistance."